Lisa Compact software v1.40 - September 8, 2017
[V1.40] --- (8 September 2017)
- Fixed: Lisa would not start to play if the play playlist task was executed before content update had completed.
- Fixed: The Lisa could run out of memory when processing (many) long playlists during content update.
- Fixed: A cleanup task that was started automatically due to low free space on card could not be interrupted by new tasks.
- Fixed: For secure (https) streaming applications, the Lisa would start playing only after the audio buffer was full.
- Fixed: Spaces in a commercial/announcement filename were not supported properly by the scheduler.
- Fixed: TCP connections through a proxy would not succeed when TCP port was omitted in a URL (e.g. by provisioning platform)
- Fixed: The content type 'application/octet-stream' was incorrectly handled as WMA content.
- Fixed: Incorrect manufacturing year reported for SD cards manufactured after 2016.
- Fixed: The 'finfo' command would report an incorrect date when the file was last updated (off by one month)
- Fixed: Typos in HTTP request X-headers (see documentation)
- The time format in a ticker message is now ‘hh:mm:ss’
- Improved parsing of border-cases for the different data the Lisa processes (content update file, scheduler tasks, commercial plan etc.).
- Improved detailed log messages (LCT)
[V1.38] --- (16 September 2016)
- Fixed: A slash was being added in front of the location tag when building a download URL, which could result in a double slash in case the base URL ended with a slash.
- Improved the composer of a download URL, adding any missing slashes between the different URL parts and removing occurrences of double slashes.
[V1.36] --- (15 September 2016)
- Fixed: Device would power off when stopping a stream due to executing an announcement task was taking too long.
- Fixed: With no presets and no SD card present, the Lisa could enter a state that was not always handled correctly.
- Fixed: When playing from card due to the fact that no presets were available (yet), a power cycle would cause the Lisa to keep playing from card and not switch back when presets became available.
- Added support for the newer/faster Transcend MLC cards.
- Added option to have the Lisa output the same (down-sampled) audio signal on both channels.
- Major throughput increase for Store and Forward applications, especially from servers employing TCP mechanisms like Slow Start and Nagle's algorithm.
- Increased the supported filename length for card content to 128 characters.
- Increased the URL length where required tracks can be downloaded from (the URL in 'mtd' sections of a content update file) to 256 characters.
- Increased the TTL for DHCP broadcast packets.
- Changed the X-headers used in combination with mixed source mode and content update (were starting with 'X-SIR-' and 'X-LISA-').
- Compiled with Ethernut 22.214.171.124 (MFS).
[V1.34] --- (11 May 2016)
- Fixed: Tasks that only featured minute repetition were not invalidated correctly after exceeding end time or day boundary.
- Fixed: Announcements were not handled correctly in case the device had been playing content in a format not supported by the specific Lisa edition.
- Fixed: Content update did not start while user would be busy accessing the menu of the Lisa LCD and update in the background was enabled.
- Added support for including a start time in the playlist file, to be used in order to preserve dayparting information when starting or switching playlists.
- Major improvements at TCP stack level. Major throughput increase and faster recovery expecially when streaming from servers employing TCP mechanisms like Slow Start and Nagle's algorithm.
- Compiled with Ethernut 126.96.36.199 (MFS).
[V1.32] --- (16 March 2016)
- Fixed: Scheduled tasks could be lost in case schedule update was to fail due to a partial schedule download.
- Fixed: Updates during startup would be skipped in case the device was to play from card, but there are no playlists available.
- Fixed: Repeating tasks that require access to the SD card could end up not re-scheduling correctly in case the device edition does not allow for card usage.
- Fixed: The card LED status on Lisa Compact did not always update correctly (directly) after the activation process.
- Fixed: Some boundary checks were missing for 'finfo' and 'fdelete' commands
- Fixed: Volume and title update was done twice (no consequences for the device's behavior) in case of playing online playlists.
- Fixed: Re-establishing LiveCom connection could fail in case the connection was terminated by the server side.
- Added support for commercial plans
- Added some improvements at TCP stack level.
- Improved the way commands are handled when more than one command interface is used simultaniously.
- Improved handling of timeouts and other communication errors for secure connections.
- Compiled with Ethernut 188.8.131.52 (MFS).
[V1.30] --- (13 November 2015)
- Fixed: ICMP traffic could cause the Lisa to crash.
- Fixed: Setting the configuration mode in the Lisa to work with the Device portal, would force DHCP.
- Fixed: Selecting the same preset (from the menu of the Lisa LCD) when a device was in fallback, could cause the Lisa to stop playing.
- Fixed: When fixed IP was used, the Lisa could fail the updates after a restart, due the physical link not being ready in time.
- Fixed: Certain system errors while playing an online playlists, could cause the Lisa to not follow the documented behavior.
- Fixed: Certain expired tasks could cause other tasks to be seen as invalid.
- Fixed: Starting an announcement from off state, could crash the device running version 1.28.
- Fixed: Establishing a TLS connection with a server that did not support TLS, would result in the socket remaining open on the Lisa side.
- Fixed: Remote software update was not possible on very few devices.
- Added support for Live Communication.
- Added command to delete a file from card.
- Added command to query information about a file on the card.
- Added command to test SD interface and memory drive.
- Added a few event driven monitoring messages.
- Added counter for fallback occurrences during a periodic monitoring interval.
- Increased the maximum number for playlist entries that can play at random to 2000.
- More information on network configuration and status is displayed on the Lisa LCD.
- Mapped more buttons on the Streamit big button remote control to the Lisa LCD keys.
- Improved: Disconnect counter will not be increased in case a file is received completely (e.g. for single track playlist)
- Improved: Some monitoring messages are now formulated better.
- Improved: In case streaming issues were recorded, a monitoring message will be sent before the Lisa powers off, so that the information is not lost.
- Improved: Write access to the external flash is managed better, to avoid issues during deletion.
- Compiled with Ethernut 184.108.40.206 (MFS).
[V1.28] --- (14 July 2015)
- Fixed: A server 404 error (file not found) during playing of an Online playlists, could cause the Lisa to stay in fallback.
- Fixed: Device would occasionally reboot in case a secure connection was terminated by the streaming server or the online playlist service.
- Improved: Ticker will buffer up to 5 messages in case connection fails, in order to try and avoid loss of information.
- Improved: The actual filename of the commercials/announcements will be used in the ticker information, instead of the fixed strings Commercial/Announcement.
- Improved: The Lisa is no longer allowed to use too much RAM resources for processing incoming data. This was only known to happen in case of server side misbehavior.
- Improved: The administration info about what gets played by the device was increased and additional details were added.
- Added: Ticker message now contains information about the type of content being played, as well as a timestamp reflecting the time (on the device) when the current entry started playing.
- Added: Preparations for the live communication functionality, where a permanent connection with the monitoring server is made possible.
- Compiled with Ethernut 220.127.116.11 (MFS).
[V1.26] --- (11 June 2015)
- Fixed: Announcement would occasionally fail to play.
- Fixed: Device would not power off if invalid audio was detected after having started an announcement from the off position.
- Fixed: Tasks would not be allowed to execute if the announcement file was not found on the card.
- Fixed: Sometimes an incorrect report was sent to the monitoring server about the number of tasks that were saved when updating the schedule.
- Fixed: The ordered list of tasks would not be built when the last task had expired, resulting in no tasks being executed until the next schedule update.
- Fixed: Tasks were allowed to execute while the device was busy ordering the task list, which could result in an invalid task being executed.
- Fixed: Device could occasionally crash when setting up a TLS connection.
- Fixed: In case of server load or certain connection issues during content update, the Lisa could end up counting a failed download as a not found item.
- Fixed: Remote software update would fail on certain units.
- Improved: Scheduling of a weekly repeating task has been made more efficient.
- Added: Play playlist task now accepts a second parameter (par2), determining the start entry in a playlist.
- Added: Activation task was added to the scheduler.
- Compiled with Ethernut 18.104.22.168 (MFS).
[V1.24] --- (08 April 2015)
- Fixed: Content update would not respect the update in the background setting if the Lisa was not playing, e.g. when no usable playlists were available.
- Fixed: Content update would not start when the Lisa had no presets and no fallback option.
- Fixed: Content update would not always stop if the update task was interrupted.
- Fixed: The Lisa would crash if content update in the background (while playing) was interrupted by another content update.
- Fixed: New playlists updated in the background would not be usable until the device was restarted.
- Fixed: The Lisa would crash if invalid Ogg Vorbis data were being detected by the decoder.
- Fixed: Tasks requiring network configuration from DHCP could get started too early if DHCP was to take longer than 20s.
- Fixed: Selftest would incorrectly report an error when started from the service menu.
- Improved: Processing of incoming data when streaming.
- Improved: Selftest routines for testing RAM and card interface.
- Improved: Lifetime of external flash is increased significantly by reducing writing and adding simple wear-leveling.
- Improved: Scheduler was redesigned.
- Added: Increased number of tasks in the schedule to 50.
- Added: Commercial tasks with the same execution time will all be executed in a block.
- Added: Support for TLS/HTTPS.
- Added: WMA support is re-enabled for Ultimate edition.
- Changed: Renamed SAF edition to SD edition.
- Changed: An announcement cannot be interrupted by any other taks (this used to be the case only when the announcement was started from off state).
- Compiled with Ethernut 22.214.171.124 (MFS).
[V1.22] --- (20 October 2014)
- Fixed: A bug in the playlist parsing, could cause the Lisa to incorrectly recognize a playlist as invalid.
- Fixed: In case DHCP configuration was to fail, the Lisa will use the previously retrieved IP configurations.
- Fixed: Shutdown code could cause a deadlock in the Lisa (reported for EV edition).
- Fixed: Mounting of a large card would sometimes fail after card insertion.
- Fixed: A small issue in processing the activation instructions. This had no practical consequences.
- Fixed: The command 'dir' could crash the Lisa if no card was mounted.
- Fixed: Invalid audio was not being handled properly, if this was to occur when starting an announcement from powered off state.
- Fixed: Playlists would not get updated when running a playlist-only update in the background.
- Removed: WMA content is no longer supported by the Lisa.
- Added: A HTTP request header is added to inform the streaming/playlist service whether the Lisa is in fallback.
- Added: Should a playlist be found invalid by the Lisa, the reason will be reported to the monitoring server.
[V1.20] --- (10 September 2014)
-Fixed: In version 1.18, the volume of the first entry in fallback could sometimes remain to the minimum level.
[V1.18] --- (9 September 2014)
- Fixed: Issue with DHCP configuration when connected to network hardware with enabled spanning tree protocol (e.g. certain Cisco switches).
- Fixed: Device would power up automatically, if user powers off while the device is busy with DHCP configuration
- Fixed: Commercials and announcements would not update when running content update in the background.
- Fixed: Some tasks would not get executed correctly in case the card was removed from the device.
- Fixed: Lisa was not following the documented behavior when playing at random was enabled, but playlist would exceed the maximum number of entries allowed to play at random.
- Fixed: A change to the setting for content update in background is now applied directly, without the need for a system reset.
- Fixed: Some tasks would fail to execute correctly after content update was executed without a card being mounted.
- Added fade out capability, applied when the audio is stopped and when switching between playlists and stations.
- Added fade in capability, applied when the device returns from failover back to the stream.
- Improved fallback mechanism, by playing a fallback item completely before returning to the stream and fading audio.
- Improved the communication timing of the card driver, which would resolve issues with mounting a card or for read/write operations.
- Content update can now be run in the background also while streaming.
- Reduced the time it took for the Lisa to start playing from card, when playing in a random order.
- Compiled with Ethernut 126.96.36.199 (MFS)
[V1.16] --- (23 May 2014)
- Fixed: Lisa running software version 1.14 did not handle re-connection properly, in case of HTTP responses not in the 200 range (e.g. Redirect, Authentication Required etc.)
[V1.14] --- (21 May 2014)
- Fixed: Writing and/or reading schedule tasks would occasionally fail, resulting in incorrect list of tasks being saved and eventually unexpected device behavior.
- Fixed: Lisa could crash in case of a long title in an online playlist.
- Fixed: Lisa would occasionally reset itself while busy playing.
- Fixed: Error report (Error code: 420) was sent to the monitoring server prematurely.
- Fixed: The task parsed counter would indicate one task more, when sync-time was found in the schedule file.
- Fixed: A maximum of 32 stations (and not 50) were being saved from the config file.
- Fixed: Some (to our knowledge only m4a) files would occasionally not be read until the end.
- Fixed: Occasionally a playlist would rewind prematurely (to our knowledge only when playing m4a)
- Fixed: Update commercials and announcement task (uca) was not parsed correctly from a schedule file
- Improved remote software update procedure.
- Improved schedule task execution, to avoid that two processes access the same tasklist simultaneously for write purposes.
- Improved a number memory related operations and memory management code.
- Added support for content update to run in the background while playing.
- Increased communication speed with external flash
[V1.12] --- (05 February 2014)
- Fixed: Power off would take too long or device would hang while powering off
- Fixed: Incorrect detection of audio format, causing non-Ultimate devices to stop playing audio (from card) even for MP3 format.
- Fixed: Announcement file (silence in aac+ format) would sometimes not play completely
- Fixed: Audio noise when starting to play (silence) announcement file silence
- Fixed: Event driven messages would reset the streaming error counters
- Fixed: Incorrect entry number was reported in the periodic status message, for entries larger than 255.
- Fixed: Incorrect number of left-over playlists was reported after erase playlist task was executed.
- Fixed: Device would crash if a long URL (above 600-700 characters) was found in a playlist file from Internet.
- Fixed: Some Lisa hardware would sometimes not start up if the USB cable was connected after the power.
- Fixed: A forced update of the software ('un' task), could fail on some devices.
- Increased audio buffer size for streaming to 1.5MB (three times)
- Increased URL length supported in playlist files from Internet to 1024.
- Added validity check and auto-retry mechanism for reliable reading and writing of the schedule tasks
- Added validity check and auto-retry mechanism for reliable reading and writing of the station information
- Added network connection timeout for a better responsive application
- Added option to start content update from device service menu
- Improved error propagation of task scheduling
- Improved buffer administration routines
- Added support for new external flash chip
- Added option for OTP programming of hardware signature
- Removed functionality "Remote Control on Local Network"
- Removed the event driven messages reporting timeout and disconnect as this reported as part of the periodic logs
- Switched toolchain from Yagarto to Launchpad.
- Compiled with Ethernut 188.8.131.52 (MFS)
[V1.10] --- (01 November 2013)
- Fixed: Schedule would not be updated if no SD card was mounted and for devices of Basic edition; device reports 0 tasks were parsed/scheduled (introduced in v1.6).
[V1.8] --- (22 October 2013)
- Fixed: Download of audio files during content update was skipped when content update file did not contain information for the update of commercials and announcements (introduced in v1.6)
- Added definition for new product edition
[V1.6] --- (15 October 2013)
- Compiled with Ethernut 184.108.40.206 (MFS)
- Fixed: Issue that was causing some SD cards not to mount after insertion or system reboot.
- Fixed: Issue that was causing the content of the SD card to get corrupted after a content update.
- Fixed: Lisa Compact will now always start up when power is connected.
- Fixed: Erase playlist task would delete all playlists ignoring the task parameter.
- Fixed: Device would sometimes hang after connecting to the monitoring server and reboot a few minutes later.
- Fixed: Card presence and player status information contained in the remote log messages would sometimes be incorrect.
- Fixed: Port selftest of Lisa Compact would sometimes indicate fail incorrectly
- Added scrolling of metadata and playlist entry title on the display of the Lisa LCD
- Added functionality that allows device specific configuration and schedule files for updating from SD card.
- Added functionality that allows the update of a card usage license on the card.
- Added implementation that can restrict a card usage license to be usable by one device only.
- Improved implementation of remote monitoring, to ensure message delivery in bad network situations.
- Improved connection routines to consider physical link status, resulting in a better responsive application when no link is available.
- Commercials and announcements now get updated before playlist entries during content update.
- ID3 data now get skipped by the audio decoder, not causing it to detect invalid audio anymore for large ID3v2 tags (e.g. images).
[V1.4] --- (18 July 2013)
- Compiled with Ethernut 220.127.116.11 (MFS)
- Fixed a DHCP issue, where the device does not request configurations from DHCP server according to specification.
- Ensure a command result does not get broken by log messages
[V1.2] --- (14 June 2013)
- Activate device automatically during power up, if this was not done before.
- Use better readable hostname
[V1.0] --- (03 June 2013)
- First official release of the firmware for Lisa Compact and Lisa LCD devices
Known issues [v1.22]
- The active playlists will only be updated after a reboot, if a playlist only update (uo) is executed in the background while playing audio at random
- The moment of fading out/in while returning from fallback can be slightly off, when card content is of variable bitrate (VBR).