SIR100 software v1.78 - October 10, 2016
[1.78] --- (10 October 2016)
- Fixed: The newer Transcend MLC cards would not mount when connecting the power to the device.
- Fixed: Audio decoder could report invalid audio incorrectly for a very short time between two tracks.
[1.76] --- (2 December 2015)
- Fixed: ICMP traffic could cause the SIR to crash.
- Fixed: Setting the configuration mode in the SIR to work with the Device portal, would force DHCP.
- Fixed: In case of issues during content update, the SIR could end up counting a failed download as a not found item.
- Added counter for fallback occurrences during a periodic monitoring interval.
- Added command to query information about a file on the card.
- Renamed command for deleting a file from card to 'fdelete'.
- Removed 'chkme' command. Use 'finfo' command instead.
- Mapped more buttons on the Streamit big button remote control.
- The command 'sa' will not longer be processed when sent over the command line.
- Some monitoring messages are now formulated better.
- Compiled with Ethernut 126.96.36.199 (MFS).
[1.74] --- (15 July 2015)
- Fixed: Announcement would occasionally fail to play.
- Increased monitoring disconnect timeout to 2 minutes.
[1.72] --- (7 May 2015)
- Fixed: Some download related issues during content update were reported as card related problems. A new error code (575) now covers these situations.
- Added: Command to query the keep file (keep.me) information.
- Added: Command to delete a file from card.
- Improved: Previously retrieved IP settings will be applied directly in case DHCP configuration was to fail (was done only at startup).
- Update the backup of important settings (in external flash) when leaving the setup menu.
[1.70] --- (22 December 2014)
- Fixed: Some devices could experience issues powering on, in case a network connection was not available.
- Fixed: Device could not keep up with audio streams higher than ~200kbps.
- Re-enabled device logging over USB (was disabled in version 1.68).
[1.68] --- (02 December 2014)
- Fixed: Buffer overflow when proxy was used, causing device to crash and could result in eeprom corruption.
- Fixed: A bug that could corrupt the memory management, when calling "kchk" command.
- Fixed: A bug in the playlist parsing, could cause the SIR to incorrectly recognize a playlist as invalid.
- Fixed: A bug in the usart framework, which could cause a dead lock.
- Fixed: Content update server could terminate the connection, when the SIR was busy determining free space on the card.
- Fixed: Issue with DHCP configuration when connected to network hardware with enabled spanning tree protocol (e.g. certain Cisco switches).
- Added: A number of improvements aimed at increasing the device stability and decreasing the chance for EEPROM corruption to occur.
- Added: Option to backup important settings to external flash and apply them back to eeprom, recovering from an eeprom corruption.
- Removed: Menu language options for Dutch and Spanish.
- Detailed device logging (over USB) is disabled when the device is not connected to STP v2.6.3 or higher.
- Compiled with NutOS 188.8.131.52 (MFS)
[1.66] --- (28 January 2014)
- Improved timing of the communication with the SD card which decreases the chance of errors when mounting or writing to the card.
[1.64] --- (17 December 2013)
- Fixed: Issue that was causing the content of the SD card to get corrupted after a content update.
- Fixed: Device would sometimes detect invalid audio unexpectedly.
- Fixed: Remote message after completion of erase playlists task would indicate the incorrect number of remaining playlists.
- Added special messages to indicate when no card or card playlist is available to allow playing from card.
- Commercials and announcements now get updated before playlist entries during content update.
- (SIR120PRO) Remote control on local network no longer supported in SIR120PRO device.
[V1.62] --- (09 July 2013)
- Increased the download speed during content update, with about 40%.
- Reduced the retry time for file downloads to 1 minute (was 5 minutes)
- Added additional check of downloaded file using content-length information contained in HTTP response header when available.
- Fixed: Heap allocation size issue was causing SIR150 to run out of memory and stack corruption.
- Fixed: Silence of a few seconds would get introduced when playing announcements i.c.w. a large playlist and the ticker being enabled.
- Fixed: Device would stop playing if invalid audio was detected while busy with the last (or only) entry of a playlist from card.
- (SIR120) Added functionality that allows the update of a card usage license on the card.
- (SIR120) Added implementation that can restrict a card usage license to be usable by one device only.
[V1.60] --- (14 January 2013)
- Solved bug introduced in v1.58, which would cause devices to crash if a config URL was present in the configuration file.
[V1.58] --- (11 January 2013)
- Major code review. Improved routines for storing and recovering device settings, to eliminate possible causes of EEPROM corruption.
- Major improvement of the schedule update process, making it reliable also for bad network situations or server problems. The existent list of tasks will only be deleted if the new schedule is received properly, when content-length information is available.
- The list of tasks will not be cleared after the software is updated remotely.
- Added implementation that deal with SD-cards that do not have a partition table.
- Added validation of the *.inf file during the software update.
- Fixed: Task would get deleted from the list of tasks, if the task execution would fail two times in a raw.
- Fixed: It is now possible to play announcements (un-encrypted) in combination with playlists of encrypted entries.
- Fixed: Treble command would change the bass setting instead of the treble
- Fixed: LCD is powered on when starting a software update (task).
- Review/improvement of numerous log messages sent over UART (STP).
- During keyboard/lcd test, the remote control can be used without the need to enable the setting first.
- Power key will now abort the keyboard test.
[V1.56] --- (30 August 2012)
- Fixed: Device would end in an unhandled state if the buffer would run empty while playing from card.
- Fixed: Power on task was not interrupting a playlist update properly.
- Interrupting tasks such as content update (up,uo,uca) or card tasks (ep,ec,cc) is now done in an improved manner, ensuring consistent behavior of the device.
- Fixed: Erase playlist would delete all playlists if started while the device was on (from version 1.38)
- Different code optimizations, clanup/simplification, fixes and log improvements were applied.
- Fixed: Read timeout was sometimes printed incorrectly during a configuration update
- Fixed: If the end of a playlist was reached and the last track(s) required to play were missing; the playlist would not start from the beginning.
- Improved order of initialization routines at startup.
- Fixed: Wrong audio chip type was printed in the logs during startup in v 1.54
[V1.54] --- (25 July 2012)
- Solved a memory leak, which would cause the device to run out of memory and reset after a number of schedule updates.
- Fixed: When the SIR would detect invalid audio, the volume would level would jump to the maximum.
- Solved an issue with weekly repeating tasks, which was not functioning correctly in version 1.52.
- The remote message about the schedule update is extended to report the number of tasks parse from the taklist and the ones being scheduled.
- The command for the task update commercials and announcements is now 'uca' as specified.
[V1.52] --- (19 June 2012)
- Added support for playing of commercials and announcements from card.
- Added support for update of commercial and announcements on the card.
- Extended day repetition scheme for scheduler tasks
- Added repetition in minutes for scheduler tasks
- Volume level can be controled via Menu-Left/Menu-Right buttons from keypad or from IR remote control. Only possible when volume reduction is 0.
- Remote control can now be enabled/disabled from the setup menu.
- It is now possible to configure the SIR to use a larger MSS size than the default, to solve issues when the router (as far as we know some specific Cisco models) does not honor this value and sends larger packets.
- If an issue is detected with the RTC an error message is displayed during the configuration wizard and when accessing the Date/Time menu.
- Improved streamer from when playlists would use files from card (mixed mode). Sometimes the device would not power off; also very short files would not be handled properly.
- Fixed issues which could have caused corruption of the settings in eeprom.
- Fixed: Sometimes after the playlist update was interrupted, the device would not power off or continue to play.
- Fixed: When playing playlist entries at random, the entries were not being rescheduled after all entries had been played.
- Fixed: When playing playlist entries at random and the first entry was too short (lees than 30kB), then the device would not start playing.
- Fixed: If the device was powered off while in fallback, the default source was being changed to CARD.
- Fixed: The correct tag 'PlayMaxVol' is now used for internet playlists when playing entries at different volume levels.
- Fixed: Files in 'keep.me' file were sometimes not being saved, depending on the format of the file (EOL characters).
- Fixed: The device would power automatically back on, if powered off while performing updates at startup and there would be no connection.
- The 'ticker application' is no longer supported on SIR120PRO and SIR150 devices.
- The SIR150 menu is now only available in ENGLISH.
[V1.50] --- (14 February 2012)
- It is now possible to configure IP settings from card.
- It is now possible to configure the operation mode from a configuration resource. From card, only possible for non custom-devices (customerid = STREAMIT).
- Fixed: Configuration of proxy settings over telnet was not working.
- Fixed: Selftest of audio chip would sometimes display PASS when in fact there would be an issue.
- Modified the order in which the selftest routines are executed.
[V1.48] --- (19 December 2011)
- Fixed: playlist update would fail if more than 6 playlist would require updating. This isswue was introduced in version 1.38.
- Improved randomization when playing a playlist from card at random.
- Fixed: When executing a scheduled playlist update the, the remote log message would report the wrong (next to be executed) task was executed.
[V1.46] --- (25 November 2011)
- Fixed: The audio decoder in the SIR would stop working, if a specific AAC+ file was to be played.Now using updated version of the decider software.
- The audio decoder is now monitored that it is running properly also when playing from card. Decoder is restarted in case a stop is detected.
- Fixed: Corrected log message for parsing of stations from the config file.
[V1.44] --- (25 October 2011)
- Major bug solved. Configuration update while playing a playlist station, could corrupt settings used in the streamer module under specific conditions. It is suspected that this could also lead to eeprom corruption.
- Fixed issue: Sometimes, a device configured for the very first time would enter a reset loop when user would switch to card.
- Fixed issue: Sometimes a SIR150 device with default settings would start in fallback mode.
- Fixed issue: when executing scheduled tasks, the remote log message would report the wrong (next to be executed) task was executed if sending the log would take longen than a couple of seconds.
- Schedule update now detects RTC and flash issues and reports them to the monitoring server.
- A device which is not able to connect for approximatelly 15 minutes, will automatically restart.
[V1.42] --- (10 August 2011)
- All stability issues introduced in version 1.40 have been addressed. A number of bugs which were causing the instability were fixed.
- Code cleanup and optimalization.
- Removed the retry mechanism for allocating memory if the first try would fail; we take action immediatly.
- Improved recovery procedure used in case of issues with the audio being played (e.g. invalid audio). The same is used for both streamer and card (reset buffer administration, reset VS hardware and software, load correct patch).
- Processing of config file is stopped with and error if a serial flash issue is detected.
- Removed backup settings of serial number and customer ID, auto-correction and eeprom corruption check. These would not work properly and could even introduce issues
- Selftest of serial flash now also tests that reading and writing is successful.
- Error log message is printed if reading of writing to the serial flash fails
- RTC selftest now also informs (and exits with fail) in case status register reports not running or jitter.
- Don't enable VS-interrupt again in VsPlayerStop() after stopping!
- Changed the method for generating the first random entry value when playing playlist entries at random.
- Fixed: issues in eeprom reset; would try to write to addresses outside the EEPROM boundary.
- Fixed: out of boundary issue; few strings were being written to arrays which were not large enough.
- Fixed: Readtimeout counter was not always being increased for WMA.
- Fixed: In version 1.40, a ASX playlist was not processed correctly.
- Fixed: playerstatus history contained a bug.
[V1.40] --- (13 April 2011)
- This release solves an issue with devices that had come out of the factory with software version 1.32 onboard. For these devices, no default settings would be applied for a couple of settings. As a result, a license was required for using the card.
[V1.38] --- (13 April 2011)
- Added functionality: device configuration from configuration file on SD card.
- Added functionality: schedule update from file on SD card.
- Added functionality: List of tracks contained in file "keep.me" on the card will not be deleted during card cleanup.
- Added functionality: Create/update "keep.me" file from playlist update file during the playlist update.
- Added scheduler task and command (un) to allow for a forced software update. Upgrade and downgrade to any version is possible, normal software update rules are skipped.
- Added service menu item to check the connections with the different servers/resources (proxy, configuration, monitoring etc.)
- Cleanup card (cc), Erase card (ec) and Erase playlists (ep) tasks can now be interrupted.
- Scheduler tasks are executed without the need to enter keylock pin. Improved implementation of the keylock feature.
- Improved flow. Device will fallback only when 'capable' of it. Scrolling texts are used to suggest users how to proceed in error conditions (the keylock menu handling now works correctly).
- Remote log message about schedule update will only display success if processing of the schedule is also successful. In case of error, the error code is also sent.
- Improved the RTC selftest routine. Sometimes this would incorrectly detect that the RTC oscillator was not running.
- Changed default platform name and URL to device portal (was ChannelService).
- If an issue is detected with the external flash, the device is blocked, but it is still possible to communicate with the device from the command line.
- Fixed: The date/time stamp of files created on the card during the playlist update is taken from the RTC.
- Fixed: issue with playlists containing a playlist name (in 'PlsName' tag) longer than 16 (the display length).
- Fixed: The SIR would be stuck in an error loop after invalid audio was detected by the audio chip.
- Fixed: slight memory leak in card module. Would only affect the performance of the device after constantly playing from card for more than one week.
- Fixed: Wrong title was displayed when playing an entry from an ASX playlists.
- Fixed: Removing the SD card before this was mounted would result in the device getting stuck in an error loop.
[V1.36] --- (23 February 2011)
- Added more event driven remote log messages.
- Extended periodic log message to report streamer information, which can be used to identify stream stability issues.
- Periodic status message now indicates fallback.
- Extended details in remote message sent after playlist update is finished.
- Two LF characters are sent, to indicate the end of a remote log message.
- Reduced the buffering time when playing a stream to 3 seconds (when the buffer did not reach a buffer threshold in bytes, in which case it could start even faster).
- Sometimes the device would enter a state in which it would not play but continuously buffer. This is now detected and the device is reset.
- Reduced maximum size of playlist and configuration file to 3000 bytes. When this limit is exceeded, the file will not be parsed.
- Added option to devices menu to enable and disable proxy.
- It is now possible to configure the proxy url from the configuration platform/file.
- Updated spanish menu translations after input from a Spanish customer.
- Volume change from configuration file is not applied directly as happens when using the command line.
- Volume command for SIR120PRO also accepts input in dB's.
- Improved parsing of parameters/values and response for the command line.
- Improved error handling for telnet connetion in case of limited resources.
- Fix: There was an issue with using more than 18 playlists on the card.
- Fix: Issue with parsing a port from the URL for ports higher than 32767.
[V1.34] --- (25 January 2011)
- Compiled with NutOS 184.108.40.206 Streamit.
- Fixed: filesystem administration was not done correctly.The free space reported for cards formatted under WIN7 would be much less than the actual free space, resulting in the SIR detecting a full card when in fact there were a couple of GB free space.
- Fixed: device will not freeze/crash if mounting of a card fails.
- Added "chkdsk" command to print filesystem and administration information about the card.
- Implemented 'repair' command, to reset devices with corrupted EEPROM to factory defaults.
- Device will not freeze when eeprom corruption is detected, allowing the use of the repair command.
- Improved handling of scheduler Enable/Disable setting; a disabled schedule will not update or reorder tasks.
- Fixed 'bluescreen' bug. If the device had failed to carry out a playlist update, this would be started again the next time the device is powered. When no card would be present or the card could not be mounted the device would be 'stuck' in a loop which the user could not eaisly get out of.
- Limit the memory allocated for for a playlist/configuration file even when the server reports a content length higher than the maximum limit.
[V1.32] --- (20 December 2010)
- For authenticated stream access, parse username/password credentials from stream URL if available (e.g. http://username:pass@server:port/path). When no credentials are available in URL, Lukas will use the default username/password.
- When no RDS keep-alive message is received within a timeout, close RDS connection.
- (SIR150 and SIR120PRO) Send remote log messages when disconnecting. Send read-timeout counter with periodic remote log message.
- Fixed: The SIR player status would stuck in "User abort" state.
- Fixed: When a device in fallback mode, but without a CARD would be switched to an available station the SIR would not start to play this station.
[V1.30] --- (24 November 2010)
- No default values would be applied for most new features introduced in version 1.28 for SIR150 devices if the device was running software version 1.26 before the update. This would result in the SIR150 device asking for a license to enable playing from the SD card.
- Configuring a telnet keep-alive timeout of 0 minutes is not allowed anymore.
[V1.28] --- (23 November 2010)
- Added support for weekly repeating schedule tasks.
- Added support for playing playlist entries at random.
- Added support for playing internet playlists with files from card.
- Added support for playing playlist commercials/tracks at different volume levels (from card or internet).
- Menu now in 5 languages (French and Spanish were added).
- Telnet session will be terminated if no data is received within a configurable keep-alive timeout.
- (SIR150 only) RDS connection is terminated when audio connection will fail.
- When memory allocation fails, do a number of retries before giving up.
- Reduced buffering time when switching channels or falling back to card.
- Improved streamer reconnection mechnism and fallback.
- Removed reconnection attempt at ticket and monitoring level.
- Show playlist entry title on LCD, when playing from a playlist and no metadata is available.
- Volume gain can be configured via config file for all SIR devices.
- VsPlayerFeed() optimized; call VsPlayerInit() after 'invalid audio'.
- Solved memory leak when using proxy.
- Improved content-type recognition from http response header.
[V1.26] --- (01 November 2010)
!!! SIR150 only !!!
- Reset device when Invalid audio is detected (used to be after 2 consecutive Invalid audio).
[V1.24] --- (17 June 2010)
- Low level improvements of card driver. Extra debug messages were also added. !!! Please, reset the device one time after inserting the card and before starting playing back tracks. For some cards, if this reset is not performed, the device will not play the audio (until a reset).
- Limited audio data chunk-size when reading from card, to avoid "Invalid audio" being sent to the VS chip.
- Print CID information about the card is printed as INFO logs when the card is mounted.
- The "dir" command now also reports the number of files found on the card, after it has printed the complete list of files.
- The card size is now detected correctly also for cards larger than 8G.
[V1.22] --- (06 May 2010)
- Device will remember the last played entry (LPE) for all playlists on the card, not only for the playlist in use.
- When using HTTP proxy, is is now possible to tunnel TCP traffic (monitoring and ticker application) through the proxy.
- Added job scheduler task for erasing playlists (ep) from the card. Syntax: "ep x" - will delete playlists on the card starting from x.pls, whatever is available.
- Implemented dynamic card space management. Card cleanup is automatically started if the free space on the card is less than 5% after a playlist update.
- For consistency reasons, the special log is now constructed the same way as the status message...but it also contains the extra field.
- Extended special log messages for SAF. When the playlist update is finished, the SIR sends information on the number of playlists processed and the number of tracks downloaded.
- It is now possible to enable/disable the scheduler.
- After a software update, default settings are applied only in case there are new settings introduced.
- Improved handling of critical errors.
- If the serial flash is erraneous, the device stops to function. Appropriate error message is displayed on the LCD.
[V1.20] --- (16 March 2010)
- Fixed bug that could cause eeprom corruption when upgrading from version 1.0 or lower.
[V1.18] --- (10 March 2010)
- Fixed issue in the DHCP implementation.
- Syntax of telnet command was changed.
- As default setting, telnet is enabled for SIR120PRO and disabled for SIR150.
- Print both value and tag (in log) when parsing config file.
- Solved memory leak in RDS module (SIR150).
[V1.17.1] --- (24 February 2010)
- Use "gain" i.s.o of "volume" for SIR150. The gain is between 0 and -100dB, with 0dB being the maximum value.
- Parse "gain" setting from config file.
- Extended general purpose byte check upon startup.
- Some logs/comments modified.
[V1.16] --- (18 January 2010)
- Using fault tolerant routines to read/write serialnumber and CID settings.
- Added system restart command (restart); in contrast to the reset command, the restart will power the device back on when the device was on at the time of executing the restart command.
- Fixed: Reset audio chip in case bad audio is detected when playing from card; this solves the issue noticed when playing aac+ files.
- Fixed: The 'ps' command was not switching the device to stream when no card was present (Insert card state).
- Added telnet support for SIR150 devices.
- Added setting to enable or disable the Telnet interface (SIR150/SIR120PRO).
- Telnet and low delay configuratios are now parsed from the configuration file (SIR150/SIR120PRO).
- Parse RDS-data feader from server, to get rds configurations (SIR150).
[V1.14] --- (27 November 2009)
- This software is no also used for SIR150 devices; added definition for SIR150.
- Improved the streaming algorithm for VS1053 devices (SIR120/SIR120PRo?SIR150).
- Added "status" command for SIR120PRO/SIR150 to respond with player status (and format/bitrate when applicable).
- Added RDS support for SIR150 devices.
- Added selftest command (uc) for loopback test of UART1 extension (SIR150 only).
- Changed Channelservice default URL.
- The selftest command 'b' can be used for all devices to test the audio output (was only for SIT120PRO).
- Fixed bug: The code to define content-type based on the "extension" was never executed
[V1.12] --- (24 September 2009)
- Improved key/event handling for the SIR to respond better e.g. switching playlists, powering off or switching source while the SIR is busy looking for an existing track on the card (skipping tracks).
- It is now possible to have a "PlsName" tag in the playlist; to be shown on the LCD instead of "n.pls". The tag can be added in the playlist, directly after the tag; before the first entry (e.g. PlsName=Trance).
- Introduced card icon; displayed in from of the playlist name when playing from card (not fallback)
- Added support for proxy (basic, username:password) authentication.
- Solved bug: starting a software update task while the SIR was playing, would crash the SIR.
[V1.10] --- (07 September 2009)
- Added [SNUM] tag to the ticker message.
- Send filenames to the ticker server instead of titles.
- Improved the procedure for metadata extraction; all scenarios should now be covered.
- Improved threads management; as a result more memory is now available.
- Solved bug: Player status not update properly; LCD message would sometimes not update.
- Solved bug: For repeating tasks, use the current date-stamp to calculate the new date-stamp for repeating task, instead of using the date-stamp from the task itself.
- Solved bug: URL parsing; for some URL constructions the host address, port and path were not properly extracted.
- Solved bug: selftest @ audiochip - beep not audable
[V1.8] --- (30 06 2009)
- Added new combined patch for VS1053 (SIR120/SIR120PRO). NERO encoded aac+ files are now supported.
- Write zeros inbetween songs; improving stability when switching from one track to the other (problems were experienced expecially with aac+ files were).
- Fixed encryption issue; aac+ encrypted files are now also supported.
- Improved streaming algorithm; buffer management and reconnect strategy during read timeouts.
- Fixed problem with stream stability for SIR120PRO in low delay.
- Fixed fallback issue; SIR would crash after playing all available entries from a playlist missing the "NumberOfEntries" tag.
- Small changes in some log messages; making logs more readable.
- Fixed: SIR would not switch back to stream in case of fallback with an invalid playlist.
- No priority logs will be sent if the RCS interval is 0.
- Fixed RTC problem during setup from menu; sometimes the RTC would reset.
- Check for 0xFF addressbyte before declaring an IR-key valid.
- The SIR will cold reset, when not enough memory is available during playing of encrypted files.
- Added support for location ("Loc" e.g. Loc1=ml) tag in the playlist (update) file.
- Fixed: Non-repeatin play playlist task would constantly be rescheduled and executed when the device was on playing the same playlist already.
- When the "NumberOfEntries" tag is not found in the playlist file, the SIR will play the valid entries until reaching EOF and then rewind the playlist.
[V1.7.1] --- (24 April 2009)
- Added "title" command, which returns the title of the current playing stream (metadata) or track (for CARD).
[V1.6] --- (22 April 2009)
- Compiled release 1.6 based on version v1.5.3. There are no changes between these two software versions.
[V1.5.3] --- (20 April 2009)
- After a software update, the scheduled tasks will be deleted. The SIR will always power on after an update takes place.
- Added support for the ticker application.
- Added "tck" command to program the ticker URL and enable flag.
- "TckUrl" and "TckEnable" can be used to change the ticker parameters with database update.
- Modified WMA patch
[V1.5.2] --- (9 April 2009)
- Added 'ld' command to enable the low-delay feature only for SIR120PRO.
- When a database update is started('ud' command) while the SIR is playing a stream; it will perform the database update
and then reset (power off and automatically back on). In all other cases the database update will be performed without reset.
- Fixed: SIR would not respond anymore if the telnet application did not close the session properly (with 'quit' command).
[V1.5.1] --- (1 April 2009)
- Compiled with NutOS 220.127.116.11 Streamit.
- Solved bug: DHCP lease time was not being renewed.
- Solved bug: Timer bug in NutOs was solved. Increased fallback timeout back to 15 seconds.
- Solved bug: RTC bug; the number of days per month was wrong (e.g February had 31 days).
- Implemented discover functionality to locate SIR devices on a local network for SIR120PRO devices.
- Added telnet communication interface for SIR120PRO devices.
- Added rescheduling functionality for schedule and playlist update tasks.
- Return to normal mode after fallback, when no card is present.
- Validate a download song (on card) by predicting how many clusters it should occupy on the card and comparing this after the download. When it does not match, the file will be downloaded again.
- For database update and playlists, only allocate the number of bytes included in the "Content-Length" field of the http response header. In case this field is not available use the default 6500 bytes.
- Increase the delay to 10ms when reading the type of the VSchip. The previous 4ms value was for some devices not long enough.
- Added another content-type and file extention recognition for AAC(+).
- Added clear tasklist command 'ct' (not a scheduler command) to clear the scheduler tasklist.
- Erase card (ec) and clean up card (cc) now have own display message.
- Fixed: Do not lose logs (STP) when connecting to the remote server.
- Fixed: Remote log message does not contain any "unwanted" log fragments intended for STP.
- Fixed: Issue with the inet module; in a 'bad' network the SIR would sometimes not parse the metadata properly resulting in hickups of the audio.
- Fixed: In case the remote server executes the 'ud' or 'uf' commands, the SIR freezes and seems to have crashed.
[V1.4] --- (26 February 2009)
- Solved bug: SIR would enter the configuration wizard when updated to a release version.
- Solved bug: SIR would crash during playlist update, when files with filename longer than the maximum supported length (50) were present in a playlist (update file).
- Solved bug: Encrypted files containing the '.' character in the filename were not detected/handled properly.
- Decreased fallback timeout to 14 seconds.
[V1.2] --- (20 February 2009)
- Compiled release 1.2 from beta 11 (v1.01.11). There are not changes in the software between these two versions.
[V1.01 B10] --- (30 January 2009)
-Solved bug: The backup of the playlist update task was not only used for rescheduling, but also to identify whether playlist update started with a 'up' or a 'uo'. By disabling the backup, the SIR did not know whether it was supposed to continue synching the track, or finish the playlist update.
[V1.01 B09] --- (30 January 2009)
- Solved bug: Extra logging (intended for STP) were sent to the monitoring server; causing it not to be able to parse the log message.
- Solved bug: A scheduler task with a timestamp between 23:00-23:59 was considered not valid.
- Solved bug: Wrong track title was shown in case a track was skipped (e.g. bad audio).
- Added scheduler command for database update ("command=ud" - will force the SIR to get the configurations from the database ADP/channelservice/own webfile)
- Added scheduler command for software update ("command=uf" - will force the SIR to perform a software check and when software update is required...start the update).
- Added scheduler command to allow the update of the playlist files only - no tracks will be updated ("command=uo").
- The SIR will disconnect from the remote server, if it does not get a disconnect from the server within a timeout interval.
- Added a field '[CRD]' to the monitor log message, to indicate whether a card is present in the device or not.
- Special message logs are sent to the remote server at the start/finish of the playlist update and when schedule update is performed.
[V1.01 B08] --- (14 January 2009)
!!! - When decrypting audio, the filename is always converted to lowercase. Encrypted files "MUST" be generated with SCS version 1.1.0.
- Solved bug: Bad audio state was not handled properly when playing from card.
- Solved bug: (SAF) When playlist update would startswhile the SIR was ON and the network configuration would fail caused the SIR to "stuck" in an unhandled state.
- Solved bug: (SAF) When playlist update would startswhile the SIR was ON and the SIR was configured in static caused the SIR to "stuck" in an unhandled state.
- Solved bug: (SAF) Playlist update would stop when certain 'x.mtd' file was not present on the card; we now look at the playlist (*.pls).
- Solved bug: (SAF) SIR would crash when a filename longer than the maximum allowed filename length (50) was present used.
[V1.01 B07] --- (7 January 2009)
- Increased the available heap.
- Improved read (card) performance. Bitrates up to 224kbps are now supported properly.
- "dc" (and "rc") tasks will not break the playlist update.
- Solved bug: Memory leak in the RC module.
[V1.01 B06] --- (5 January 2009)
- Remote monitoring and control was added. On a successful connection with the server the SIR will send a status log. While connected to the server it is possible to send commands to the SIR
+ The remote server URL can be configured from STP using the command "rcs 1" (e.g. rcs 1 192.168.0.171:1111), or via database update (e.g. RCUrl="192.168.0.171:1111").
+ The interval (in minutes) how often the SIR will connect to the server can be configured from STP using the command "rcs 2" (e.g. rcs 2 60), or via database update (e.g. RCInterval="1").
- Added clean card "cc" command; the tracks that are not used by any of the playlists will be deleted.
- Added erase card "ec" command; all playlists/tracks will be deleted.
- Solved bug: Wrong RTC setup (for december).
- Solved bug: st command always sets time to 01/01/2009 (was related to RTC).
- Solved bug: "Unable to start playlist update" (was related to RTC).
[V1.01 B05] --- (12 December 2008)
- The free space on the card is now shown in kBytes.
- The SIR will recount the on-card playlists after a playlist update finishes.
- Fixed: start playing track "0" in fallback when RTC was not initialized.
- (SAF) For long filenames, the SIR will now try up to 1000 combinations when creating a unique DOS-name.
- Now it is possible to check whether the on-board decryption key is still the same(intact) as when it was uploaded.
- Added implementation for CustomerZero (password protecting the settings of the device).
- Fixed: When in fallback and the stream is back, start playing immediatly; do not update database/scheduler, do not clear audio buffer.
[V1.01 B04] --- (5 November 2008)
- Writing to SDHC cards works now properly
- Mounting a MMC card now works.
- Solved bug (encryption) - Wrong calculation of the hash value starting from the second entry.
- Solved bug (encryption) - Switching between playlists of encrypted entries was failing.
- Solved bug (encryption) - Decryption key was being corrupted - hickups and wrong spee in audio.
- Improved Streamit decryption algorythm. Now bitrates up to 128kbps are supported.
- Song counter (on LCD) now count all the songs that are processed while updating a playlist.
- Improved long filename support... With long we refer to filenames longer than 8.3.
- !!! All cards used for SAF before must be formatted. !!!
- The play playlist(pp) task was not working properly. Now is fixed...
- Added scheduler task for playing a station (ps), with parameter the ID of station to be played.
- It is possible to start scheduler tasks immediately by sending commands from STP ('us','up','pp n','ps n','pw n' with n being the parameter value).
- Added command (STP only, not a scheduler command) to enable/disable scheduler ('sen n', with n being 0 for disable and 1 for enable).
- Fixed - Persisting text "connecting" on display when no card or no playlists are present
- Fixed - When there are no channels in the device, the behaviour should be improved
- The last played playlist/song is now always remembered on power on/off and Alt key-pressed.
- When powering the SIR on or pressing the ALT key to start playing from the card, the "Last-Played-Song+1" from the "Last-Played-Playlist" with start (when valid).
- In case the internet stream is gone and the SIR is forced into the fallback situation, the playlist that is choosen to play
from should be the of same genre as the internet stream. This means that the SIR must use the playlist on the card that has the
same ID as the station that was played. In case the playlist with the particular ID doesn't exist on the card, the SIR
will start playing from playlist 1.
- In case of fallback, we start with a random song...
- When a "play playlist" is started from the scheduler ('pp' command) the playlist (n.pls) will be played starting from the first entry.
- Modified some log messages...playlists and station ID's always start from 1 (not from 0).
- Number of files possible to create in the root folder of a FAT32 formatted card; during SAF,is not limited anymore.
- Error handling during a playlist update is now consistent.
- When the download of a song during SAF did not end succesfully, the (not-complete) song will be deleted.
- Removing a card while playing from it will reset the last-played-playlist. When the card is re-inserted the user is asked to choose the playlist.
- Spaces in the "filename" are now supported even in playlist update (SAF) files.
[V1.01 B02] --- (17 September 2008)
- Treble/Bas several bugs solved.
- Some issues with database connection of Scheduler and Playlist Update solved.
- Database update is also done in case of card operation. This is required, because database update also can contain scheduler URL etc.
- The steps in the card update process are displayed now.
- Some hanging problems are solved.
- We are able to interrupt the playlist/card update process now, for example to start playing a playlist.
- Scheduler command has been added to synchronize the clock of the SIR with the server.
- Repeating tasks are stored also when the date is before the current date of the SIR.
[V1.01 B01] --- (5 September 2008)
- Keylock works now
- Treble/Bas behaviour improved/corrected
- First test-release Store & Forward (SAF)
- Software update URL can be changed from database now: IspUdUrl="url"
- Software update can be enabled/disabled from database now: SwUdEnable=0 (off) SwUdEnable=1 (on)
- Scheduler URL can be changed from database now: SchedUrl="url"
- Playlist Update URL can be changed from database now: SafUrl="url"
- Uses modified version of NutOS Phat-filesystem
- Supports reading/writing of MMC/SD/SDHC cards
- Software update strategy improved. On the Streamit update server, only released software versions will be placed.
- In previous versions, the wizard started after every software update. Now the wizard only will start if necessary.
=== Project name changed to cej for SIR100/SIR120/SIR120PRO, due to many changes (store & forward) to come
=== cei now only is for SIR80
[cei V1.0] --- (21 August 2008)
- Software is stable - make release 1.0
[cei V0.05 B16] --- (23 June 2008)
- Fixed bug (introduced in B14): Content-type for ASX playlist was not recognized.
[cei V0.05 B15] --- (14 May 2008)
- changed password for basic authentication to "admin".
- Changed WMA parser, padding length is now written in 1 byte.
- "Content-Type: "audio/x-ms-asf" is also considered as an asx playlist.
- Using a new version of the wma patch (SIR100 only).
- Reduced the maximum number of retries when getting bad responses to 3 (was 5).
- Removed some "too technical" log messages.
- Added HTTP proxy support. Only possible to configure via STPv2.0.2 or higher.
- Added OggVorbis (merged CP/Ogg) patch (SIR120/SIR120PRO only).
- VS patches are now loaded with VsPlayerReset() and not VsPlayerKick().
Known issues ([V1.28]:
- When playing a laylist at random, the ticker application will send <unknown> as the next song to be played.
- The SIR has problems with writing files larger then 1MB on "Memorex" 2G SD.Different issues (with writing)
have been noticed for other cards as well. Streamit recommends that Transcend SDHC cards are used to ensure reliable SAF.
- Parsing a parameter from a file goes wrong if this is the "last" line in the file.
- When a scheduled task "fails" than we should handle it depending on the severity of the fault.
* If errors occur while carrying out a task, these errors should be reported to a server.
- When we are in a fallback situation, we are playing from the card and in the background, we are polling if the stream is back again. In case the stream is back, we should not abort the song that is playing from the card immeadiatly, but finish the song before returning to the internet stream.